(Podcast) 401(k) Participant Advice Best Practices on Talk 401(k) with Don Davidson
I was fortunate enough to be interviewed by Don Davidson of Manarin Investment Counsel for his Talk 401(k) podcast. While Don does an excellent job with this, I cannot say the same for myself. Therefore, if you are willing to overlook my stammerings (I was surprisingly nervous), the information might be helpful to you. Some of the topics included in the conversation include:
- What is the difference between advice and guidance?
- What is the liability for employers to provide advice to their participants?
- The PPA Level Fee requirement
- Why advice needs to be ongoing
- Advice v. managed accounts
- Technology and its impact on participant engagement